Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm very grateful for the humane society in some ways; But when a dog has a minor problem they are so ready to lock them up and not at least give the pet parent a chance to correct them with training. I'm having a problem here in Stamford with then a 9 month young German Shepherd that was locked up for two weeks because he scratched a person. Wow i don't think that's enough reason to confine the puppy for two weeks and in the mean time the dog is getting worse in the pound. Then they get there puppy back. With the same lady again he jumped up (SAME LADY). That looks to me she was asking for it also she is the trouble neighbor on the block. This story could go for ever so I'll cut it short. They locked the shepherd up for another 2 weeks. To me it looks like the pound is looking to make MONEY because you have to pay to get you pet back. Now there something wrong with this. I'm a Pet Trainer and I'm training the Shepherd he has puppy behavior that carried to Adult hood. Still no reason to lock him up(Pounds in it for the MONEY). The pound has ordered them to muzzle him at all times when off there property. NO NO NO, in my training NO muzzle is allowed, because any dog needs to pant to cool them selves off or they could over heat. Now for this so called vicious dog I've had no problem nor any signs of him being unruly. Well what I'm saying is before the Humane Society digs into your pocket PLEASE train your pets.

1 comment:

  1. That really is a heart breaking story. I couldn't agree with you more! Train first!!

    ReplyDelete